13.9.10

My VMAs fashion thoughts!

My VMAs fashion thoughts!



How can I not start with Lady Gaga? I love that she continues to outdo herself. She really is a unique individual. Lady Gaga ruled the night by winning 8 awards! But who cares about that.. let's talk about her wardrobe! She had 3 wardrobe changes and keep the worse for last! First Lady Gaga paid tribute to the amazing RIP Alexander McQueen by wearing one of his ART piece from his fall 2010 collection with her 10-inch Armadillo shoes that she wore in her "Bad Romance" video. GaGa’s look was completed with a gold feather hat by Philip Treacy. She wore that same dress for the September's British Vanity Fair issue. Stunning dress!



Her second outfit was a black leather dress and spiked black headpiece designed by Giorgio Armani. I loved it!



Finally, to accept her award for video of the year, Lady Gaga wore a meat dress by Franc Fernandez. I like Lady Gaga for her fearless creativity but that meat dress was gross! I wonder if she had a freezer instead of a garment bag?

PETA already reacted to her dress “Oh, Lady Gaga’s job is to do outlandish things, and this certainly qualifies as outlandish because meat is something you want to avoid putting on or in your body,” PETA’s President, Ingrid Newkirk, told the Daily News.


Here Gaga poses in a raw meat bikini for the cover of the September issue of Vogue Hommes Japan photographed by Terry Richardson. Also gross.




This is a really nice dress Katy.. if you are going to do a figure skating performance. I think she was shooting California Gurls with Snoop Dogg prior to her wardrobe consultation/fitting and had one to many drag! Her dress is from Marchesa from the Fall 2010 Collection and she wore Jimmy Choo heels completed her look.



Katy put miniature photographs of her fiancé's face, Russell Brand on her nails.. no comments!!


Ke$ha looked like a garbage warrior. Really.. she looks very uncomfortable and she's got such a cute style that she really could have done better. K$ wore Walter Steiger shoes, Charles Albert jewelery, and a Swarovski clutch. Her dress was designed by Marjan Malakpour and custom made by Lauren Bradely.




Chad Hugo, Pharrell Williams and Shay Haley of N.E.R.D. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pharrell!






My favorite performance of the night was from Eminem and Rihanna. "Not Afraid." Accompanied by an orchestra, chorus of gospel singers and drummers, he was joined later on by Rihanna to perform "Love the Way You Lie."



And yes.. I also like Kanye West performance.. I know he is a jerk but I still think he is amazing and the beat was so great! If I can be a jerk myself.. I would of add more ballet dancers on stage!





He wore a red suit, black low-cut shirt, gold chains, and his red Louis Vuitton collaboration shoes, the Don’s. You can get Kanye's shoes here for $870!

No comments:

Post a Comment