The ROOTS X DOUGLAS COUPLAND collection is very colorful and simply brilliant! There is TV test patterns bars, Hydro towers, satellites, circuit boards, pixel maple leaves, mooses, bears and beavers! Douglas Coupland long-life exploration of what it means to be Canadian.
"This partnership with Roots is an amazing opportunity to keep that dialogue going with an even wider, more diverse audience," he said in a release.
Roots co-founder Don Green said Coupland's designs show "his trademark humour and brilliance."
Coupland was born on a Canadian Air Force base in Germany and his family later settled in Vancouver. Though he is internationally known for his novels, he is also a trained visual artist and sculptor who has studied at B.C.'s Emily Carr College of Art and Design as well as design institutes in Italy and Japan. His books are translated into 35 languages and published in most countries around the world.
Novels by Douglas Coupland:
- Generation X (1991)
- Shampoo Planet (1992)
- Life After God (1994)
- Microserfs (1995)
- Polaroids from the Dead (1996)
- Girlfriend in a Coma (1998)
- Miss Wyoming (1999)
- All Families Are Psychotic (2001)
- Hey Nostradamus! (2003)
- Eleanor Rigby (2004)
- jPod (2006)
- The Gum Thief (2007)
- Generation A (2009)
- Player One: What Is to Become of Us (2010)
Non-Fiction by Douglas Coupland:
- Lara's Book--Lara Croft and the Tomb Raider Phenomenon (1998)
- City of Glass: Douglas Coupland's Vancouver (2003)
- Souvenir of Canada (2004)
- Terry (2005)
- Souvenir of Canada 2 (2005)