22.2.12

Día de los Muertos photo shoot!

A few months ago I wrote a blog about Sylvia Ji. A super talented artist that creates beautiful sugar skull art work. I love her work so much that she was a big influence on my latest creative 'Dia de los muertos'

The Hair and the amazing sugar skull makeup was by Eduardo Mella and It was shot by the one and only Nikki Ormerod. 


Michelle
Stacey
Heidi

Photographer: Nikki Ormerod
Hair & Makeup: Eduardo Mella from Judy Inc
Fashion Stylist: Marie-Eve Tremblay
Photographer Assistants: Thomas Dagg & Julie Riemersma
Model: Michelle, Stacey & Heidi



Through my research, I read some fascinating things about this Mexican holiday. I felt really inspired by this colorful tradition.

'Dia de los muertos' is the Spanish for 'Day of the Dead' and It is a Mexican celebration honoring the souls of the dead. The dead are believed to pay a visit to their friends & families for 3 days. To honor them,  the families create altars decorated with crafts, food and symbolic decorations and a picture of the love ones. I kind of love that.. Cemeteries, streets windows and houses have bright vibrant color decorations and flowers everywhere! There is even food and festivities that take place in the streets. Yep, death is a celebration in Mexico! It really is a happy event. The part I LOVE the most is that it keep the family, friends and loves ones together.


Again through my research, I came across this really hilarious new Mexican trend. The Mexican pointy cowboy boots! I have pictures to prove it.. and there is even a documentary! LOL

Mexicans-pointy-boots

 


1 comment: