Here are a few high heels tips:
- Limit your wear time for special occasions and for shorter days! Did you know that people take an average of 10,000 steps a day?
- Wait for the afternoon or at the end of the day to buy shoes.
- Buy soft, high-quality leather or suede, not synthetics! Patent leather, plastic and fabric doesn't stretch to accommodate the foot.
- Brake in the shoes by wearing them around the house with thin socks for a few hours daily
- Wedges and platforms are comfortable but for even more comfort you can ask your shoe repair guy to add rubber soles.
- Try those Dr.schools insoles. They can make a 3 inch heel feel like a 2 inch heel by distributing stress from your forefoot to the middle of your arch. They are less than $10 and your feet and knee will thank you at the end of the day!
- Stretching your toes after taking off your shoes can be quite helpful. This helps the circulation to the poor little tootsies that are cramped in your shoes.
- Stretch your Achilles tendon and calf muscles every day.
- Try gripping a light towel and holding your foot up. It will strengthen some muscles you used when wearing heels.
- Give yourself foot massage rolling your feet back and forth over a tennis ball.
Did you know that there is a few studies that suggest that wearing high heels may improve your pelvic floor muscles and boost your sex life!